The Rizzo Center has a retreat-like atmosphere, with all of the amenities of a first class conference center. Participants from outside the region will have guestrooms in the complex, and daytime meetings and meals will be in the conference rooms and historic DuBose House. Meadowmont Village is within walking distance, as are buses to the center of Chapel Hill and elsewhere. More information, directions, and photos are linked below. See also this blog post with some ruminations on the importance of a place like the Rizzo Center for an event like this, and with more photos of the gardens.
When you arrive, check in at the desk in the entrance to McLean Hall (#2 on this map). Overnight accommodations will be in McLean Hall. The opening reception and dinner on Sunday afternoon/evening will be in the Meadowmont Grill (# 10 on this map), which is on the lower level of McLean Hall. Daytime meetings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are in Meeting Room 178 (#12 on this map). Lunches will be in DuBose House (#1 on this map).
- Directions to the Rizzo Center, including information on airport transportation
- Map of the Rizzo Center grounds – check-in and hotel rooms are in McLean Hall
- Photos of the Rizzo Center facilities
- History of the Dubose house and Meadowmont
- Information about the Meadowmont neighborhood, including restaurants and shops
- Map of the neighborhood, including trails (PDF)
[ Slide show photos from SCI 2015 by Eric Dye used under CC license: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137077175@N05/sets/72157659949691661/ ]