The Rizzo Center has a retreat-like atmosphere, with all of the amenities of a first class conference center. Participants from outside the region will have guestrooms in the complex, and daytime meetings and meals will be in the conference rooms and historic DuBose House. Meadowmont Village is within walking distance, as are buses to the center of Chapel Hill and elsewhere. More information, directions, and photos are linked below. See also this blog post with some ruminations on the importance of a place like the Rizzo Center for an event like this, and with more photos of the gardens.
The opening reception and dinner, overnight accommodations, and daytime meetings will be in McLean Hall. Lunches will be in DuBose House.
- Directions to the Rizzo Center, including information on airport transportation
- More photos of the Rizzo Center
- Storify thread from SCI 2014, which includes many photos of the venues
- Storify thread from SCI 2015, which includes many photos of the venues
- Storify thread from SCI 2016, which includes many photos of the venues
- History of the Dubose house and Meadowmont (PDF)
- Information about the Meadowmont neighborhood, including restaurants and shops
- Map of the neighborhood, including trails (PDF)
[ Slide show photos from SCI 2015 by Eric Dye used under CC license: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137077175@N05/sets/72157659949691661/ ]