Triangle SCI was held at the Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, NC, between 2014 and 2019, and moved to downtown Durham, NC, for 2020.
The Rizzo Center has a retreat-like atmosphere, with all of the amenities of a first class conference center. Participants from outside the region had guestrooms in the complex, and daytime meetings and meals in the conference rooms and historic DuBose House. Meadowmont Village is within walking distance, as are buses to the center of Chapel Hill and elsewhere. More information, directions, and photos are linked below. See also this blog post with some ruminations on the importance of a place like the Rizzo Center for an event like this, and with more photos of the gardens.
Check-in is at the desk in the entrance to McLean Hall (#2 on this map). Overnight accommodations are in McLean Hall. The opening reception and dinner on Sunday afternoon/evening were in the Meadowmont Grill (# 10 on this map), which is on the lower level of McLean Hall. Daytime meetings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were in Meeting Room 188 (#12 on this map). Lunches were in DuBose House (#1 on this map).
- Directions to the Rizzo Center, including information on airport transportation
- Map of the Rizzo Center grounds – check-in and hotel rooms are in McLean Hall
- Photos of the Rizzo Center facilities
- History of the Dubose house and Meadowmont
- Information about the Meadowmont neighborhood, including restaurants and shops
- Map of the neighborhood, including trails (PDF)
[ Slide show photos from SCI 2015 by Eric Dye used under CC license: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137077175@N05/sets/72157659949691661/ ]